Comedic Gold of The Day: Atlas Shrugged Part 2 Bombs

I honestly have no idea if the movie is well made or not. Reviews of the first one were average and I expect the same to be said about the second. So it wasn’t that the movie was Attack of the Killer Tomatoes bad, it’s just that no one cares. This tells me a few things: one, the Tea Party was never the great grass roots force it was made out to be. It’s amazing what kind of publicity money can buy. Too bad it can’t make audiences magically appear.

Two, the movies’ impact on the election will be nonexistent. This makes me smile since that was the entire point of releasing it in October. Awwwwww…poor babies…

Third, when they don’t bother with Part 3, what I’d said about Part 2 will be borne out:

Libertarians swear by the free market and the market has spoken: No one wants to see Atlas Shrugged on the big screen. But that’s not stopping  John Aglialoro, who lost millions on Part 1, and several other libertarians from sinking even more money into producing Part 2. I guess not personally profiting is acceptable if it serves a greater cause. Oddly, this is in direct opposition to the stated position of libertarians when it comes to social programs. Sure, they’ll say that it’s because they don’t have a choice and that they shouldn’t be forced to feed hungry children but, somehow, they doesn’t make them seem more noble to me. How about you?

Yeah, libertarians are all about self interest and the millions they’ll throw away to further their greed while ignoring the suffering of others couldn’t be made anymore clear.

7 comments for “Comedic Gold of The Day: Atlas Shrugged Part 2 Bombs

1. October 14, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I thought it was funny that the promo for the movie flashed “Will It Influence The Election” across the screen. Good luck with that.

2. Jay042
    October 14, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Hey! No fair comparing “Atlas Shrugged” to “Attack of the Killer Tomatoes”!

Enough people actually saw “Attack of the Killer Tomatoes” to justify three more sequels and a Saturday Morning cartoon series.

• Justin Rosario
      October 14, 2012 at 9:30 pm

That is an excellent point! The cartoon was hilarious!

3. william
    October 14, 2012 at 4:54 pm

” it wasn’t that the movie was Attack of the Killer Tomatoes bad”
    are you insane? killer tomatoes was and is Awesome!

• AZIndependent
      October 15, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Agreed! I love Attack of the Killer Tomatoes! It’s one of the best (worst) Sci-Fi B-movies of all time!! I often find myself singing the song…

4. chestermarx
    October 14, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Hate to see Attack of the Killer Tomatoes compared with this drivel. Went to the premiere in Detroit, and am an ethusiatic supporter of killer tomatoes, why I even grow them in my garden. And don’t get me going on Little Shop of Horrors,the minute I left the show, I drove to the local mall and bought the sound track. Tried to get my dentist enthused, but he didn’t see the humor.

• Justin Rosario