Bank Of America Reaches A New Low In Scumbaggery

It’s like a bank heist in reverse, Via Mother Jones:

Bank of America, which last fall announced plans to lay off 30,000 workers, is about to go on a hiring spree—overseas.

America’s second-largest bank is relocating its business-support operations to the Philippines, according to a high-ranking Filipino government official recently quoted in the Filipino press. The move, which includes a portion of the bank’s customer service unit, comes less than three years after Bank of America received a $45 billion federal bailout.

BoA continues to spit in the face of the country that kept it’s bloated ass afloat when it got in over its head as well as  its customers. Will it lower its fees now that it’s saving all that money by utilizing dirt cheap labor? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Of course not! It’ll just go to pad the bonuses of the CEO and other executives!

I have GOT to finish closing my account there!

9 comments for “Bank Of America Reaches A New Low In Scumbaggery

1. Joan
    May 29, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Wells Fargo sux too. When my husband lost his job, we were in danger of losing our home. We managed to sell it to a couple with a pre-approved mortgage with WF (who also held our mortgage). All the papers were signed and we were on the way cross country. A week later we recieved an email from our realtor saying that the buyers “pre-approved” morgage was denied and WF took our house.

2. DumDumDog
    May 29, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I Stopped banking with them the day I learned what they did to the american japanese during WWII.

3. WiseFather
    May 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm

It looks like BofA needs another slapback. I’m so glad I moved my money last year. Although I did get my licks in.

You might like this direct action protest I took on my own against Bank of America. I called the credit card customer service line to do some “negotiating.” Having a bit of leverage, I thought it presented a great opportunity to mess with them a little without fear of retribution. I made a video of the call and posted it on my blog along with my comments about what happened and a fuller “director’s cut” transcript. Pay attention to his response to the classic line “Why does Bank of America hate Christmas?” Enjoy. http://www.ragingwisdom.com/?p=508

4. Tsula2 (@Tsula2)
    May 29, 2012 at 11:36 pm

They certainly are scumbags! They’ve charged me multiple times for overdrafts they’ve caused, made my money appear up to 6 days after it’s been deposited from my employer, and told me they are totally hack-proof (yeah, right!) Moving to a credit union as we speak!

5. Elizabeth Hollingsworth
    May 30, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Wells Fargo held our mortgage for 15 years. We had a an adjustable which reset last fall. Our rate was 5.75% We tried and tried discuss refinancing with them since the rates were lower. They refused to engage until the mortgage reset even though we had an excellent payment history. We got a lump of cash and paid off the mortgage. Then they called to discuss a refinance. I will never forget their greed. We were great customers but our money was more important to them than our business. I will laugh when they go down!

6. Jennifer Balderas
    May 30, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Community Credit Unions are the only answer. Your only vote that counts is how you spend your money. ANd where you save your money. Invest in your community. Credit Unions serve their communities.

7. May 30, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I have never banked with anyone except my Credit Union. My parents on the other hand refuse to believe that they need to move to a Credit Union. They have rediculous overdraft fees, you can only take out a certain amount in a day (even tho it’s their money) and they keep changing rules and policies without the opinion of it’s consumers.

8. Patricia Caviness
    May 30, 2012 at 7:35 pm

amen I also took my money out and put it modest as it was in a small home town bank everyone needs to do that

Comments are closed.